Iredell-Statesville Innovation Showcase
December 10, 2014
Early Release Professional Development
Knowledge is Power. Sharing Knowledge is Empowerment.
Sharing and celebrating success in your classroom, school, department or district through raising achievement and closing of gaps.
Presenters who are teachers (or other eligible recipients) will receive 1.0 CEU credits and will be able to apply this sharing of knowledge/training to their NC Teacher Evaluation – Accomplished or Distinguished. Principals, Assistant Principals, or other leadership/executive presenters will be able to apply this event to their PDPs and the Principal Executive Evaluation.
- Each school should submit at least 3 presentation entries (application below, one entry per form, please).
- Presentations should be approx. 45-50 min (presentation/explanation, modeling, showing video, Q&A, discussion/processing time for participants, possible make & take time if applicable, etc.)
- Entries can be from the classroom or the building level, preferably a mixture of both. Feedback from the previous Showcases expressed a strong desire for a wide variety of subjects and levels—all strategies and staff are welcome to present!
- Entries should explain and describe instructional or operational strategies that have a demonstrated positive impact on students.
- Entries include the description of the strategy and/or activity, etc.; explanation of the progression of student impact and success (including data charts.); and a reflection. Pictures, slide shows, etc. will add value and interest to the presentations.
- Entries must have and show data; at least one to two cycles of improvement.
- Sessions will be selected from interested entrants who meet criteria (multiple cycles of improvement, largest reduction in gaps aligned to district goals, applicability across levels and buildings). Number of sessions will be contingent upon the number of entries that successfully meet the criteria.
- Breakout session presenters may be asked to schedule a coaching session to help plan session.
- Applications should be submitted electronically on the Innovation Showcase Google Form. (See your Instructional Facilitator for the link) on or before November 5, 2014. Decisions regarding sessions will be made by November 7, 2014.
Thank you for your participation!